We Protect Bicyclists When Others Don't

Bicycle accidents often result in devastating injuries to the person on the bike. When it comes to seeking compensation for their injuries, many bicyclists are injured a second time — this time by the insurance company of the other driver. The goal of many insurance companies is to shift fault to the person on the bike in an attempt to avoid paying a large claim.

At James F. Humphreys & Associates, L.C., in Charleston, we have been helping accident victims in West Virginia for more than 25 years. Whether you were injured or you lost a loved one in a bicycle accident, you can turn to us for compassion and legal guidance during this difficult time.

Don't wait to get the help you need. Call our office at 304-347-5050 or send an email for a free consultation.

Bicyclists Have Equal Rights On West Virginia Roads

Bicyclists have the same rights on West Virginia roads as motorists. Bicyclists do need to follow the rules of the road, such as driving in the same direction as traffic and as far to the right edge of the pavement as possible unless passing, turning left or going around an obstacle such as a parked vehicle.

If you are injured by the negligence of a driver, you are entitled to seek compensation for everything you lost, including medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Examples of car driver negligence include:

  • Passing too close to a bike
  • Failure to yield to a bicyclist who has the right of way
  • Striking a bike in a bike lane

If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, it's important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible to collect and preserve evidence of liability. You should not make a statement to the insurance company of the other driver, as even innocent statements can be twisted around to mean something you never intended.

Even if you were partially at fault, you can still recover compensation as long as you were not 50 percent at fault or greater.

We Can Help You Get Compensation. Call For A Free Consultation.

To schedule a free consultation, please call 304-347-5050, or contact us online. We represent people in West Virginia and Washington, D.C.