We Take Care Of Victims Of Drunk Driving Accidents

When a drunk driver injures or kills another person in a car accident, he or she may face both criminal and civil actions. The criminal action addresses the behavior of the drunk driver. The civil case addresses compensation for the victim.

At James F. Humphreys & Associates, L.C., our drunk driving accident attorney represents the victims. Whether you were injured as a passenger in the vehicle driven by the drunk driver or the vehicle you were riding in was struck by a drunk driver, you can turn to us for compassion and legal guidance.

Call our office in Charleston at 304-347-5050. You can also send us your information, and we will contact you.

You May Be Entitled To Additional Damages In Drunk Driving Cases

Juries do not like it when drunk drivers injure or kill innocent people. Our lawyer will seek maximum compensation from all available sources of insurance, including your own coverage for uninsured and underinsured drivers.

In addition to damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses, the drunk driver may be responsible for punitive damages for the reckless behavior of drinking and driving. Punitive damages are damages in excess of your actual losses.

If you have been struck by a drunk driver, it's important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. Even if the case appears to be clearly the fault of the drunk driver, it often takes the help of an attorney to recover the amount of compensation you deserve. For example, the insurance company may claim that you were partially responsible for the accident. Anything you say to the insurance company can be twisted around and used against you. For this reason it's important not to talk to insurance companies — and in particular the insurance company of the at-fault driver — without legal advice.

The sooner you contact our lawyers, the sooner we can take steps to protect your rights.

Let Us Start Working To Get You The Full Compensation You Deserve

To schedule a free consultation, please call 304-347-5050, or contact us online. We represent people in West Virginia and Washington, D.C.