If you or a family member worked in a chemical plant, you may have been exposed to asbestos, which can cause mesothelioma, asbestosis, lung cancer or cancers of the gastrointestinal tract. If you or a loved one developed an asbestos-related illness due to workplace exposure, you may be entitled to financial compensation.
At James F. Humphreys & Associates, L.C. we are experienced in these types of cases and we know how to get crucial evidence needed to build a strong argument on your behalf. Call us toll free or complete our online form for your free consultation.
Asbestos in Chemical Plants
In chemical plants, asbestos was commonly used in insulation, pipes and plumbing, boilers, tanks, pumps and valves, protective clothing and construction. As a result, workers may have breathed in dust containing asbestos while performing their duties.
The dangers of asbestos were known for decades before it was regulated. Companies that knew of these risks, but did not alert workers or make their products safe, may be liable for resulting injuries, even if disease symptoms don’t appear for years. Our firm represents both workers and family members of workers who have died from asbestos-related illnesses in pursuing compensation.
The following list is just some of the chemical plant locations in the West Virginia, Ohio, Kentucky region, where workers may have been exposed to asbestos:
- Allied Chemical Company in Nitro, West Virginia
- Allied Chemical Plant in Moundsville, West Virginia
- Celanese Chemical in Point Pleasant, West Virginia
- Diamond Shamrock-Chemicals Inc. in Kingwood, West Virginia
- DuPont Chemical Plant in Beech Bottom, West Virginia
- Fike Chemical in Nitro, West Virginia
- General Chemical in Point Pleasant, West Virginia
- Mobay Chemical Plant-Bayer in Natrium, West Virginia
- Mobay Chemical-Miles Corp. in Natrium, West Virginia
- Monsanto Chemical in Natrium, West Virginia
- Monsanto Chemical Plant-Solutia and Monsanto Chemical in Nitro, West Virginia
- Novamont Chemical-Aristech in Kenova, West Virginia
- Occidental Chemical in Belle, West Virginia
- Pantasote Chemical in Point Pleasant, West Virginia
- PPG Industries Chemical Plant in Natrium, West Virginia
- Stauffer-AKZO Chemical in Point Pleasant, West Virginia
- Union Carbide Chemical Plants in Anmoore, Institute, Sistersville and South Charleston, West Virginia
If you or a loved one worked in a chemical plant and developed an asbestos-related disease, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Call our office toll free to speak with a lawyer about your case or complete our online form and we will contact you to schedule your free consultation.
Toll Free: +1 (800) 763-4500
Email: [email protected]