If you or a family member worked in a steel mill you may have been exposed to asbestos. Asbestos exposure has been linked to mesothelioma, asbestosis, lung cancer and various cancers of the gastrointestinal tract. If you have developed one of these diseases as a result of exposure while working you may be eligible for financial compensation.
We at the law office of James F. Humphreys & Associates, L.C. have the skills and experience to fight for the compensation you deserve. Contact our office toll free or email us for your free consultation.
Asbestos in the Steel Industry
Steel Plant workers may still suffer from asbestos-related illnesses due to past exposure. Steel workers may have been exposed to asbestos in machinery, molds, or insulation if the materials were damaged or disturbed and asbestos fibers became airborne.
The following list of some of the steel mills in the West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky region details some of the locations where workers may have been exposed to asbestos:
- ACF Industries in Huntington, West Virginia
- American Alloys-Foote Mineral-Vanadium in New Haven, West Virginia
- Blaw-Knox Rolls Foundry in Wheeling, West Virginia
- Blaw-Knox Steel in Wheeling, West Virginia
- Carnegie Steel in Charleston, West Virginia
- Connors Steel-HK Porter Steel of WV in Huntington, West Virginia
- Follansbee Steel in Follansbee, West Virginia
- Huntington Alloy Specialty Metals Plant-formerly Inco Alloys in Huntington, West Virginia
- Kaiser Aluminum in Point Pleasant, West Virginia
- Mountain State Steel Castings Foundry in Parkersburg, West Virginia
- Union Carbide-Elkem Metals in Alloy, West Virginia
- Weirton Steel in Point Pleasant, West Virginia
- Wheeling Pittsburgh Steel in Follansbee, West Virginia
- Wheeling-Pittsburgh Coke Plant-Mountain State Carbon in Follansbee, West Virginia
- Wheeling-Pittsburgh Steel Fabrication Plant in Beech Bottom, West Virginia
- WV Malleable Iron in Point Pleasant, West Virginia
If you or a loved one developed an asbestos-related disease after working in a steel mill, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Speak with our firm today about your legal options by calling our office toll free or completing our online form to schedule your free consultation.
Toll Free: +1 (877) 341-2595