Many power plant workers were exposed to asbestos on the job, putting them at risk for developing mesothelioma, asbestosis, lung cancer and various cancers of the gastrointestinal tract later in life. If you or a loved one have developed an asbestos-related disease you may be entitled to compensation.
James F. Humphreys & Associates, L.C. has successfully represented over 15,000 individuals and families who suffered losses from diseases caused by exposure to asbestos. Other lawyers often refer clients to our law firm, trusting our knowledge to bring successful claims and lawsuits on behalf of mesothelioma and lung cancer victims. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Asbestos in the Power Industry
Power companies used asbestos in insulation, to cover pipes and plumbing, in protective clothing and blankets, and in construction products such as concrete, fireproofing, joint compounds, plaster and other building materials. Asbestos may have been released from these products as they aged, or were damaged or worked on, exposing workers to the dangerous fibers.
The following list contains just some of the power plants in the West Virginia, Ohio, and Kentucky region where workers may have been exposed to asbestos:
- AEP Central/Philip Sporn Power Plant in New Haven, West Virginia
- Albright Power Station in Albright, West Virginia
- Beech Bottom Power Station in Beech Bottom, West Virginia
- Big Sandy Power Station in Kenova, West Virginia
- Cabin Creek Power Station in Cabin Creek, West Virginia
- Fort Martin Power Station in Maidsville, West Virginia
- Gavin Power Plant in Cheshire, Ohio
- Glasgow Power-Kanawha River Power Station in Glasgow, West Virginia
- Harrison Power Station in Haywood, West Virginia
- John Amos Power Station in Winfield, West Virginia
- Kammer Power Station in Captina, West Virginia
- Kyger Creek Power Plant in Cheshire, Ohio
- Logan Power Station in Logan, West Virginia
- Mitchell Power Station in Captina, West Virginia
- Monongahela Power Station/Rivesville Power Plant in Rivesville, West Virginia
- Mount Storm Power Station in Mount Storm, West Virginia
- Mountaineer Power Plant in New Haven, West Virginia
- Philip Sporn Power Station in Graham Station, West Virginia
- Pleasants Power Station/Willow Island Power Station in Willow Island, West Virginia
If you or a loved one worked in a power plant and developed an asbestos-related disease, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Schedule your free consultation today by calling toll free or sending us your information online.
Toll Free: +1 (877) 341-2595
Email: [email protected]